Tuesday, September 1, 2009

ARGH

Is starting to feel silly trying to believe my baby will make it. She has hydrops, sepated cystic hygroma, a heart defect and Turners syndrome. I'm trying so hard to believe but it's impossible. If I contuine the pregnancy out of my own selfish wish for her survival, really what quality of life will she have? She will look differently then her classmates, have the potential to have an array of learning disabilities, an array of health issues including diabetes, high blood pressure, heart disease, kidney failure. Not to mention she will never go thru puberty and will never be able to concieve children. Will she want to live?

Am I making the right choice giving her a fighting chance?

1 comment:

  1. OMG, I was looking up cystic hygroma on the internet and I came across your blog. My husband and I are both former Marines and when our daughter was 1 year old, we lost a baby to hystic hygroma. I was shocked when I found your blog, being that you are also a military family. I have been searching for "answers" every since the loss of our baby 2 years ago...we just decided to try again. I would love to hear from you! linzzee@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete